Total Pageviews

Friday 25 November 2011

Assignment 2

I have recieved a phone call from my friend asking for my help. Her son is visually impared and has diffaculty using the software in its default setup so i am going to shows ways that will help him.


                             This shows the computer desktop before i rearranges any of the icons.


                I right clicked on the desktop and chose to take off the auto arrange icons option.


                                      I arranged the icons wherever I wanted to put them.


I decided to change my icon size on the desktop which could help someone with vision problems. so i right clicked on the desktop again and clicked on view larage icons.

This shows the large icons.




I am now going to show what i did to add in the font style and other commands to the quick access tool bar



the 3 previous screen shots show how i added different icons like font into the quick access tool bar.


This is a screen shot of the font style added.


I am going to show the magnifier tool which will make everything on screen closer up



this is one of the magnifiers which magnafies anything which you scrool over with the lense

the magnifie shows everything up close at the top of the screen

this shows that the magnifier zooms up the screen compleatly





this print screen shows the resolution being changed.


 

As you can see previously made many different changes to Microsoft Word, the desktop and the display which will help my friend’s son. All the changes I have made will help him be able to use a computer easier because it will be like he is not as visually impaired.
Firstly I changed the size of the desktop icons and rearranged them; this meant that the son would be able to see them better because they are bigger than normal, I changed them to large. I also put the icons in alphabetical order which meant that he would be able to find them more easily because they aren’t in a random order all over the screen.
Secondly I added font style and a few other tools to the quick access tool bar, I think this would be beneficial for my friends’ son because he will not have to look for what he needs on Microsoft word as they will always be at the top of the screen.
Thirdly I changed the resolution on the computer so that the text and images were more defined this means that the boy would be able to see things more clearly although all colour depths may not be available this will benefit him greatly.
Lastly I minimised the ribbon on Microsoft word so that there would be nothing else on his screen until he needed it. Although as I said before I put different things in the quick access tool bar so that he would not always have to go looking for different tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment